Tuesday, October 21, 2008
i've been saving this jar for no reason.
the other day i saw this really green patch of moss on the side of the road
and knew i wanted to plant it somehow and keep it for myself.
I googled directions to make a terrarium and boom.done.
i have a portable piece of earth.
How I did it (which may not be the correct way):
1. Put glass marbles in the bottom for drainage. I used the kind you would put in a candlescape thingy.
2. (this is where you put the layer of spanish moss) I skipped that step.
3. Dump in a lil' potting soil.
4. Take a spade with you and dig up some moss on the way to work and put it in a ziplock bag.
5. Tamp down the moss onto the potting soil.
6. Find pretty things to decorate it. I used mushroom cupcake picks i bought on etsy quite a while ago.
i kinda love it.
Gin Wigmore - SOS
she added meh on myspace today. i love her.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
so, despite it being like 85 degrees outside today, i opted to bake some decidedly autumnal cookies.
i bought maple extract to make these maple walnut cookies months ago, and then completely forgot about it. i was thumbing through "how to be a domestic goddess" and came across the recipe this afternoon and finally remembered it was in the back of the spice cabinet.
we're already in love with these cake-y lil' gems!
i don't want to post the recipe, and get sued or something. you should probably just pick up the book anyway (even if it's only for the super tasty snickerdoodle recipe).
Hello Saferide - Get Sick Soon
Saturday, October 11, 2008
this is really all i added.
i went to this irish festival thing today. we saw a lot of folks selling rings. later we saw irish dancers. they keep their hands in lil' fists. maybe it's so all the rings they bought earlier in the day don't fall off?
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy "Cursed Sleep"