knitxcore.: Busy Bee!!!

Monday, September 25, 2006

Busy Bee!!!

Hey everyone!!!

I don't want you all to feel neglected, I've just been doing a lot of stuff this week. First, I finally recieved every back issue of Croq (which isn't a lot, only 4). Of course, I've been reading like a mad man!!!






Croq covers everything from what you need to know about starting your own indie craft business to how to make a vegan thanksgiving dinner that doesn't taste like reheated oatmeal :)
In the past couple of days, I've learned how to roll my own sushi, how to reclaim fabric from old clothes, and how to start my own shop on Etsy.com. I know my fellow Craftsters know what Etsy is, but for the rest of you Etsy.com is a place where you can buy and sell just about anything that can be handmade. I've gotten really great yarn (among other things) from Etsy. A few of my favorite sellers are Hobbledhoy, and Stickchick.

For those of you not involved w/ the Dishcloth KAL, I've been working on those for a days also. The first dishcloth I finished was the Ostrich Plume Dishcloth from Knitting Pattern Central in Sugar and Cream's Contry Side Ombre and the second one is a Clapotis Inspired Dishclothin Sugar and Cream's Butter Cream Ombre I did on my own (basically just removing the straight rows from the original pattern).









I also worked on 2 crafty project this week. I finished up Snakes on a Ape from my previous post. Thank you all for the help w/ pricing. I can't wait to let them know that it's finished. I also tried my hand at decopauging today. It was my first time working w/ Modge Podge, and let me tell you, IT'S REALLY MESSY and fun :-) I just decopayged some cool tissue paper I had laying around onto a Ball jar I had laying aroung from the last time I dyed yarn. I'm not completely thrilled with it, but it was my first time.

Picture 173


I've become OBsessED with another band!!! I know it's a weekly occurence with me, but Harry and The Potters is everything any self respecting indie rock band should be. Not only do the have the sweetest Harry Potter themed tunes, but they also encourage their fans to educate themselves by participating in their Summer Reading Lists. The idea behind the idea is that Harry Potter from year 7, and Harry potter from year 4 meet and start a rock band. They've went from playing in shed to playing in libraries, art galleries and hot dog jamorees. I am so dissapointed that I missed these guy the last time they were here :( So today, I leave you with a video someone made for "Save Ginny Weasley" by Harry and The Potters.

5 comments:

Deneen said...

You have been busy! I played around with decoupage a couple years ago-may have a book on it you can have, once I unearth it.

Michael said...

..Hot dog jamborees?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip on Etsy.com. I had never been there before. Very cool!

Gloria Quincy said...

Modge Podge can become an obsession! Watch out! Also, sometimes the surface of Modge Podged stuff can become tacky after awhile. I usually seal it over with an acrylic sealer.

Harry and the Potters is from Boston (where I'm from), I think. A lot of people really like them up here. I may have to check them out!

Obsidian Kitten said...

oh, the dishcloths are awesome!