knitxcore.: Sublime Stitching, Jenny Hart and Frozen Hot Choclate...

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sublime Stitching, Jenny Hart and Frozen Hot Choclate...

About a year ago, I bought Jenny Hart's Stitch-It Kit. There was a huge buzz about it on Craftster and in a few magazines I read (ReadyMade, Bust, Venus, et. al.). I whipped up a quick dishcloth with coffee cups and cakes on it, put the kit away and forgot it existed. Sometimes, I get craft burnout and just want to try something new for a little bit.



I collected dust until last week, when I got the first issue of Craft: transforming traditional crafts. First of all, this magazine rocked my socks. It had projects for everyone from beginners to crafty gods. I don't want to give anything away, because you should all buy it. I know $14.99 seems like serious cash for a magazine, but this is so much more than just a simple magazine. Anyway, there was an article about Jenny Hart of Sublime Stitching. I'm sure you've all seen the embroidered portraits of Marianne Faithful and Dolly Parton. She's resposible for them. I couldn't stop thinking about that dusty kit, wayyyyy back on the bookshelf. Last night I pulled it out, dusted it off and immediately started a hanky sort of thing for a co-worker (she has a gross thing with clover on it that she uses to blow her nose... a lot!). She likes Day of the dead stuff and old tattoo flash, so this will be her gift :

I'm going to put a matching skull on the other side and a banner in the center that reads "The Red Death", as that is what she refers to herself as on occassion.
For my Birthday, I got a $10 gift certificate from Fred Flare. It was perfect timing because I had been eye-ing up Serendipity's Frozen Hot Choclate Gift Set. It was AMAZING! I am postive, however, that if I had been more creative in the kitchen, I would have come up with eventually. Basically, to make a frozen hot choclate, you put powdered hot choclate mix, milk, and ice into the blender in that order. And that's it!!!! Dave and I were crazy for it!!!!! TRY IT!!!

1 comment:

Midnight Purls said...

I love those sublime stitching kits. I've been meaning to pick some up. But before I do, I'll just have to come play with yours! LOL. Hope you had a great thanksgiving. I hope to get up there and see you guys soon, but I'm not sure when since I now have surgery scheduled for December 1st and my car is back in the shop. :(