knitxcore.: WIP Wednesday on Thursday?

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WIP Wednesday on Thursday?

Picture 225


I wanted to do WIP Wednesday like Deneen, but I'm a day late and a buck short, eh? Anyway, this the ol' Besotted Scarf from HelloYarn. It seems like I've been working on it for ages!!! Every time I start a new, smaller project, this guys takes a back seat. The yarn I'm using was a gift from Helena, and I can't remember exactly what it is. I apologize for the awful photo quality. It's been dark and gross and I didn't have time to take it outside.

I started a Basketweave Dishcloth yesterday from the book Dave got me for X-mas. It's pretty much done, I have a couple of rows left and I'll show it off. I'm using some Sugar and Cream from a while ago went I bought wayyyyy too much cotton.





Have any of you seen the Backyard Critter Kits from Crafty Alien??? I am in love!!! I ordered the hedgehog to start off with, but I can promise he won't be the last. They have all kinds of cute lil' creatures including a skunk and a raccoon . I hear the new line will feature some birds and chipmunks. I cant wait for it to come in!!!



And finally, Keith from FredFlare.com wanted to let everyone who reads my blog know that until sunday, shipping is free if you enter the secret code (valentines.0207). Remember when I went on about the frozen hot choclate? Well, this is where I got it. The kit comes with a big glass and two straws, fun stuff if there's someone around that you like to kiss <3
Today, I ordered some Retro Valentines for everyone at work and a secret gift for Dave.
There's a bunch of new stuff, like a Peeps Maker and an *AwESOmE* Le Tigre Hoody that I need to be complete :-)
Free Shipping lasts until Sunday, so hurry up!







9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob~~ When You start the scarf, "purl" the first stitch make really nice edge!!

l learn from Kenny "The boy who knit"

Anonymous said...

I like the scarf! No worries about how long it's taking to finish. Now it's become a dear friend that is always with you! ;)

Anonymous said...

The scarf looks awesome and I can't wait to see the hedgehog.

A day late is fine, you know that!

Anonymous said...

cool scarf! i've been wanting to do that pattern, but doing something else instead.

I fell in love with that hedgehog! I would buy one if I didn't have to buy so much yarn for myself!

Midnight Purls said...

Is that the bryspun kid-n-ewe? Scary how I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday but I can remember what yarn I gave you months ago, and even scarier, where I bought it and for what... [Shedtown, USA for the Forbes Forest Scarf.]

The scarf's looking good & the backyard critter is so adorable! I'll have to pick me up one of those!

Anonymous said...

eeeee! That hedgehog is too cute. I want it!

The scarf looks excellent. I don't think I'd have the patience to do a cable pattern like that on a scarf.

Anonymous said...

The hedgehog is super cute!! And its knit, not crochet? 'Cuz if it is knit - its even cuter!!

I love the scarf, too! Some projects are easier to finish then others...its just the way it is....

Anonymous said...

Hey~~ Come on over to see my socks!!!

Jana said...

Oh, I saw the fox completed on another blog and it was really cool. The hedgehog is going to be awesome! I fear knitted toys though, I can get through them but they make me curse and I start to feel a little stabby and it gets to be a trial. The scarf is cool too, love the color.