knitxcore.: You Spin Me Right Round...

Thursday, September 06, 2007

You Spin Me Right Round...

RPM (WIP)

I'm halfway through my first RPM sock and just about to start the short-row heel flap. It's also my first time doing the magic loop method, which I love! I got kind of nervous and cast on for the baby surprise jacket instead of finishing the sock. It's not that I can't do it, but I've already frogged the thing once and that's not common around casa de knitXcore. I think I'll finish the jacket and revisit the sock when I'm done. I really love the Socks that Rock colorway (thanx MP!), and the pattern is actually a fun knit but i refuse to screw it up again.

If anyone has done the short row heel or has any pointers, shoot me an e-mail?

Without further adieu, I leave you with this post's namesake as interpreted by KIDS Incorporated.





I really miss the eighties.


<3

knitxcore.

13 comments:

Crafty Andy said...

The 80's where lot's of fun I was in the military from 80 to 86 and graduated from College. Disco, Boston, The memories.

sunneshine said...

The sock is so nice - and the colors are so you!! Uh, short row heels are a practice thing. As you may have noticed, I am not big on swatching or blocking, especially socks. However, my first few short row heels were done wonders by blocking - it took away all the holes. Good luck... (I'll keep reading the comments to see if anyone else has better suggestions...)

Calling on Kahlo said...

I love the 80's. Speaking of flashbacks, I am watching Heathers with Winona Ryder and Christian Slater (that could have been early 90's).

I love the music, the shows, the movies, and the obvious cheesiness of it all...

sko_G knits said...

OMG i miss kids incorporated!!! hey wait a minute, i thought you were going to do the Swirl Socks? i took a look at the SS pattern and decided i was too corn-fused.

Marlena said...

This tutorial changed my life:
http://misocrafty.squarespace.com/journal/2006/9/21/short-row-heel-tutorial.html

I wish I had had this when I first did a short row heel.

Matt....... said...

I think I won a pair of those sunglasses with about 500 skee ball tickets in the 80's!

Shadkitty said...

The sock looks fantastic. And I love that song too.

Anonymous said...

I love how the song's lyrics are totally inappropriate for those kids and their age, lol!

Eikon said...

Wuzzles and Popples. All about the Wuzzles and Popples.

Charles said...

What's up Rob~

Socks are coming along great!
Great color and swesome pattern!

I love this song! 80's ROCKS!

Jana said...

I miss Martika too. I like it that all the dancers had legwarmers that matched their sweatshirts. That and they all seem to be dancing their own choreography, they're like not coordinated at all! But at least the message of the piece comes across and hits home, that's what is important.

The sock looks great too. I've done short row heels a couple of times, they kind of make my teeth hurt. I haven't made these socks but I would just say follow the pattern close and you should be ok. The second one is easier than the first and so on...

Anonymous said...

Oh, you can do it. The heel's not so hard once you get the hang of it. I think it's a rule that you have to frog your first (maybe even second, third or fourth) sock attempt. At least I did.

Wilma Fingerdu said...

I LOVEW short row heals!

youwill love them and they are so much faster and easier than a flap!