knitxcore.: handmade gift #10: surprise party wrap skirt.

Monday, December 26, 2011

handmade gift #10: surprise party wrap skirt.

DSC_0585-3

Sorry about the super poor photo quality! I had to take this picture quickly, because I had to wrap it up for my friend's birthday party and rush out the door. I hand to hand sew a very small seam, and I really procrastinated until the very last second.

DSC_0583-2

Project Particulars

Pattern: Surprise Party Wrap Skirt from Sew La Tea Do.
Fabric: Jay Mccarroll (from Project Runway) for Free Spirit
Notions: Medium-weight interfacing

Cost: a little over $25?

Time: about 8 hours, because (again) I insisted on french seams everywhere!

Notes: I really wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull this off! It's been a long time since I've sewn something that someone will actually be wearing and I wanted it to be finished nicely. All-in-all, I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I hope she loves it!

Tomorrow is the first day in months that I officially have off! Absolutely NO OBLIGATIONS!!! I'll probably just melt into the couch and watch some reality show marathon. I can't wait!!!!

What do you do with your "ME-time"?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! It's such a great idea for a good friend! :) Good job!

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

enjoy your lazy day! when i have a day totally free i like to sleep in late, then read it bed a while before i get up (that seems really luxerious to me for some reason) then i make myself something really unhealthy for lunch and lay around on the couch and then take a long bath. so nice.

Lisa said...

It's so pretty! I love the fabric ^_^ I stalk here a lot and don't comment much, but I gave you a blog award today http://teaandcraft.blogspot.com/2011/12/id-like-to-thank-academy.html I hope you don't mind ^_^

Stela said...

I love the skirt! That fabric is pretty awesome

Sian said...

it looks amazing. the material is lovely too. have a great day off!x

Unknown said...

great pattern! I think I had swim shorts with a similar pattern when I was but a wee whippersnapper!

Jordan's Typewriter