knitxcore.: vinyl monday: cheap girls.

Monday, March 05, 2012

vinyl monday: cheap girls.

Vinyl Monday

vinyl monday cheap girls

I've never wanted to be a "busy" person. I think that there's a certain magic found in idle time that can totally beneficial to a creative person's spirit. If you're not given the time to just float around and explore things, all of that creative energy gets stagnant.

vinyl monday: cheap girls.

But, that's exactly where I am this week. I can't seem to find a spare moment anywhere. I wake up early and head to one obligation and then move directly to the next. I'm working on the Rewrites magazine, working on my still "top-secret" project, working my day job and somehow studying for midterms throughout all of these things.


I'm getting sort of tired. If it wasn't for my super cool job, I wouldn't even be able to explore new music. Luckily, we just got Cheap Girls' new album,"Giant Orange", in the shop and I bought it immediately. It' sort of follows the angsty 1990's vibe that I've been so partial to lately.

I'm so glad that spring break is right around the corner.

What are YOU up to this week?

2 comments:

Grateful4Crochet said...

I Love this!!!
I always look forward to these posts, you have introduced me to so much good music now!
I particularly like this one, as my daughter's name is Ruby (I was really loving Kaiser Chiefs at the time)
Hope life gets less busy, I have been feeling that way lately- it's awful hey?
Hope it gets less stressed soon, and you have lots of getting your floaty crafty mojo on
Take care

Erica! said...

I'm a big fan of Cheap Girls! I haven't heard the new album yet, glad to hear its good!