knitxcore.: Dear The-boy-who-lived,

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Dear The-boy-who-lived,


Even as I type this, I can't believe it's been nine years! When we met I was just around 15 years old, and now as I'm pushing 25 I can't believe this is the end. I've been reading the Harry Potter series since the beginning, and it's been quite a guilty pleasure. I'm not going to brag about how quick or easy the reading was, as it is a children's book. It has however made an impact on the way I see things and the Deathly Hallows did not dissapoint. It's amazing how J.K. Rowling can work such unadulterated political and social commentary into the trappings of this harmless children's story. I've gone out of my way for the past couple of weeks to avoid spoilers and do not want to ruin it for anyone who's decided to take their time. I will say this, much is to be learned from the-boy-who-lived.

If anyone wants to chat about HP7, feel free to e-mail me. Please be kind to other readers when leaving comments.

<3

knitxcore.




3 comments:

Crafty Andy said...

I think the Harry Potter series is fun. I am looking forward to making some scarves and hats.

Midnight Purls said...

Book 7 was so bittersweet. On one hand, I couldn't want to find out what happened, on the other, I didn't want it to end.

I read it rather quickly. As soon as I got it, I sat down and read it straight through. Now that I know what happened, I'm going back and reading it much more slowly. Really enjoying the story.

Calling on Kahlo said...

Enjoy the book! Today's a great day for hot cocoa, a good book, and a fire place.