knitxcore.: First things first.

Friday, March 07, 2008

First things first.

Remember this scarf from last weeks SPT?

spt: 022808 swapcore

For those of you that wanted to know...

It's one of my first knitted projects ever. This particular scarf is quite a few years old so, you'll have to bear with me.

Pattern Particulars

Pattern Source: Improvised. I used the stripe pattern from the Hot Head pattern in Stitch n' Bitch
Needles: Clover Takumi US size 10.5 straight
Materials: Lion Brand Homespun
Time: Just a few hours.
loved: the colors.
hated: i can't remember :-)

So there it is. I said it wan't too exciting. Buy some cheap yarn, forget what you know about gauge or drape and pop out a 2X2 ribbed scarf and you too can look as dashing as Engelbert Humperdinck (in his prime of course).

Now, on to more exciting things.

I had off today. Martha Stewart was switched to a new time on NBC. So, in order to get my fix, I had to visit the time-suck that is marthastewart.com. While browsing for about a half an hour I found the cutest easter decoration anyone could ever have. Even though mine isn't as cute as this, I couldn't fathom spending $130 on the real thing (though, you can buy reproductions for about $20). Anyway after a couple of hours worth of glueing, cutting and cussing I have this adorable bunny for my kitchen table.


bunny

I followed the tutorial exactly, just changed a few materials so i wouldn't have to go out. I used acrylic yarn, craft felt, and wooden beads. Her fancy pedestal is an upside down frappacino cap coverd in green fabric and mod podge. I'm so fancy! If I make anymore I may just use real wool ande felt, but the wooden eyes are so cute! I'm definitely sticking with those.

and I assume you all expect a video, so without further adieu...

---More Kate Nash!---

Kate Nash -Foundations

(I really can't get enough of her!!!)

<3

knitxcore.

4 comments:

Charles said...

How CUTE!!!

Looks like a bunny about to do carrot dance!

I have to make one too!!

sko_G knits said...

OMG yours is SO much cuter!! and you can change her pose.

Anonymous said...

Kate Nash is adorable. Who does the set designs for her videos, I wonder...and your first scarf is making me think of my first scarf, which is knit out of some fuzzy Red Heart yarn.

Marlena said...

Holy moly! What a cute bunny! I love how she's so expressive.