knitxcore.: oh. hey!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

oh. hey!


Remember how I was complaining about our ISP?! The internet completely shut down on Friday night. The lovely folks at Comcast informed us that our "equipment" was not up to par, so we rushed to Best Buy and bought a new modem AND router. $150 later, nothing worked.

Fast forward to today (Tuesday), the tech arrives at 7am (which isn't a big deal, I have class at 9) and tells us that the cable box-thing-whatever outside is full of water AND ice. Yep. Absolutely not our fault.Ugh.

To really make matters worse, I turned off our cable TV last week (new Hulu converts!!!) so we also had no TV, or iPad, or any other contact with the outside world.

While spending my time as a lonely little satellite, I've been fighting a pretty brutal toothache.
The left side of my face feels like it weighs 620 pounds. I have to keep checking to make sure it's not dragging on the ground. It's not a big deal, though. I'm no stranger to dental maladies.




Except that, today was exceptionally awful. I had my Intro to Ceramics class, which should be fun. HOWEVER, we're finally using the wheel and this little delicate flower is terrible at it. I flung clay across the room, scraped up my hand and destroyed 3 or 4 pots along the way.

The process is totally gross and messy, and I somehow lost my bracelet from Eli in the bedlam.

After the great pottery debacle, I attended a reading by local poet, Laura McCullough. Keep in mind that by this point in the day, I'm covered in mud from the pottery wheel, drooling out of the left side of my mouth and just completely over everything; I decide to hang around to chat with her.

She must have been like, "What is wrong with this kid?". I babbled something about my blog and my aspirations, then rushed out of the door because I was late for Mass Media class. I almost couldn't handle it; there was dancing and video cameras, and a really grumpy version of someone trying fake it through the day.



I finally made it home, and have been laying on the couch since 4 o'clock watching "My Name is Earl" and eating vegan chili with soft pretzel rolls. Only Jason Lee and creepy hybrid carbohydrates can fix me now.

There may be a bubble bath in my future (if I can convince Dave to make the bubbles).

Today, I'm just finished.

Enough is enough.

How was your day? Don't hold back!



16 comments:

Rich said...

Sorry I didn't know about your mouth ache; maybe it's sinus pressure? I'm sure Laura was too busy thinking, "Who is this tall guy with the tie bar who looks like he just stepped off the set of Mad Men? –– a mix of Dr. Who and the new Sherlock." (Oh, you know.)

Veggie Mama said...

holy shit this made me giggle! I'm sorry I'm laughing at your misfortune, but you have such a delightful way of retelling it! I absolutely hate pottery, I cannot bear to touch clay. Weird, huh?

Jen said...

Ugh, I really hope you get the tooth pain taken care of. I think that's probably the worst kind of pain. A few months ago I had what I thought was an ear ache that was creating pain in the whole left side of my face. Turned out it was a wisdom tooth that had a reallllly bad cavity. They did an emergency pull a couple days later. So yea, good luck with that! Try a warm compress on your face.

Erin Kate said...

Ouch! I'm sorry for your bad luck. I have my wisdom teeth coming in so I can feel your pain.

Erin Joy said...

But on the plus side, how cute is that pout?

Lilea said...

Hope you're feeling better! We missed you tonight.

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

ugh, what a terrible day. i had a bad one yesterday. i drank a tiny little glass of iced green tea at 6 30 in the afternoon, and was up until 4 am with a pounding heart! it was awful, i only slept for a hour (had to be at work at 6) and dreamed about miley cyrus. for the rest of the day i was cranky and felt off. it sucks. i hope tomorrow is better for you!

*karen said...

Ugh, I hate the dentist! And I know it sounds trite to say, "We've all had days like that" so instead I'll say, "At least you ended up with something worth reading about." Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

If it helps...
I thought it would be a good idea to jump up a tree on sunday and have spent the last 3 days hobbling about with one normal leg and one very painful cankle. If it wasn't my own fault I'd be hurt by everyone laughing at me. I hope you feel better and enjoy yourself tomorrow.

Reuben :)

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your comedy of errors up there! And that you've got a toothache. Nothing worse (well, that's a lie, but I don't know how else to say: "I empathise and I wish you felt better." Oh. Wait...)

Eartha Kitsch said...

Okay, that is a horrible, horrible day. First, having to deal with Comcast at all is enough to make me want to leave the human race. And a tooth ache? God. Everything just spiraled, I can tell. Hope that today is a better day.

Anastasia said...

;-; oh man. that day's some bad juju. it's teeth, they make everything bad. i can handle and kind of pain but mouf pain for some reason just is my limit. therefore, that's what's to blame. ugh and they get infected and they crack and they are constantly rotting in our heads UGH I HATE TEETH.

Becky Farley said...

geez :(
hope you got that bubble bath!!

I told Eli and he said, "he needs a new one!!" :)
It's in the mail today ;)

Sian said...

boo! i have also had a bad couple of days and toothache too! i am blaming my clumsiness and forgetfullness and general rubbishness on HAYFEVER... that's my theory anyway. hope all is well in the world of knitxcore by now.x

Lisa said...

Ouch, tooth pain is *not* fun. I do hope you feel better soon. And I'm sure you'll get better at using the wheel! ^_^

Willyg said...

I'm curious... Does Dave have make the bubbles using the same method I used to apply to chocolate milk?