knitxcore.: Vinyl Monday: Conor Oberst

Monday, July 30, 2012

Vinyl Monday: Conor Oberst

conor oberst CONOR 3CONOR 2


If I could only listen to one artist for the rest of my life, I would pick Conor Oberst without hesitation. His trembling vibrato and genius lyrics easily make him the Bob Dylan of my generation. So many of his songs are so moving; like an audio equivalent of a Miranda July film, really.

At the end of the album, you sit waiting for more; hoping for more because nothing else will be good enough. You're left with a feeling of emptiness or connected-ness or something. Whatever. Contemplation, maybe? You float around in an emotionally "hungover" state, waiting to find a greasy plate of cheese fries or a bottle of Gatorade to help you sort things out; but no matter what you take in, the music sits there, inside of you. An inspiration? Yes, an inspiration.

And so I turn to his music when I need a little of that. Inspiration, I mean.

If you're haven't heard him, you're definitely missing out.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

This was a great song - I really enjoyed it and I'll be looking for more by him. I love the all photos as well! That flower wallpaper is fab ^_^

Sian said...

this is a nice post! i love conor oberst but haven't listened to him for a while... but now you've made me want to hear him again!x

Colby Kern said...

Ohhhhh Conor <3