knitxcore.: REBBCCA LOEBE IS MAH BESTIE.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

REBBCCA LOEBE IS MAH BESTIE.

REBECCA LOEBE

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of hanging out with Rebecca Loebe for an hour between classes. Stockton does these events called "Tunes at Noon", where bands/artists come in and play an hour long set in the student lounge. Usually, it awkward older couples playing jazz standards. However, Yesterday was so much cooler.

I was sitting in the lounge drinking a PSL an reading "The Road" for a Lit. class and Rebecca was warming up on the stage. I was pretty sure I heard the first couple of bars of TLC's "No Scrubs" and from that point on she had my undivided attention. I kept looking up and smiling, concurrently and repeatedly losing my place on "The Road". I was meeting some friends to color pictures for the contest on McSweeney's blog.

I moved over to table closer to the stage and settled in.

I was totally in love. Rebecca has a sound described on her website as "post-brontosaurus indie folk/crunk" and will be described on my website as ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I HAVE EVER HEARD/JAMS.

Seriously though, watch her videos and tell me you don't love her!!!!



Oh, dude! I forgot to mention that may recognize her from "The Voice"! I only use Hulu now, so I had no idea, but yeah. She's good.

Check out her site!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

She's great! I love the bees and zombie song ^_^ Your school sounds awesome!

Mandy Ferrugia said...

Okay, she is seriously the coolest ever. Thank you for introducing me to her music! :)
xo Mandy
missindieblog.com