knitxcore.: Nothing's Ever Finished...

Monday, July 24, 2006

Nothing's Ever Finished...



So here's the first knuck.... It was weird to knit fingers and joining was a lil' rough. I think I got the hang of it, though. I modified the textured stitch from the pattern. I onlt did rows 1 & 2, skipping 3 & 4 all together. I just did a regular bind off b/c i didn't have a crochet hook in the right size, it made the opening smaller but i still got my hand in!





The Moderne Log Cabin Blanket from Mason-Dixon Knitting is coming along VERY SLOWLY ... I want to know who's idea it was to knit a giant blanket on size 6 needles!!! If I see said person on the streets, I'm throwin' down! I'm just about halfway through the first square, MAYBE it will be done by Xmas. MAYBE!






The Mitered Square Rug from Interweave is looking pretty sweet!!! Doubled yarn on sz 10.5 needles is my kind of knittin'.
I'm amazed that Red Heart can look that good! I'm obsessed with knitting for the house now. It doesn't matter if it fits or if too itchy... It accepts everything and never asks if you can modify it after you've knit it. I have this crazy idea that i want to knit and felt pillows for my living room with Noro Kureyon in a wicked colorway. I'm afraid to venture into felting w/o a pattern, but i guess if i swatch everything first...



So, we got the new Format album (Dog Problems) at work and I absolutely LOVE it! It's sorta Alt. Country (think Wilco) , with an Indie sensibilty. These guys actually got dropped from Atlantic Records for recording a song about the shadiness of the record industry. They pretty much did this new album on their own, with a few new members in the line-up, and put it out on Nettwerk. If you're into Belle and Sebastian or The Shins, you'll love it too :-) "She Doesn't Get it" and "Time Bomb" are AmAZING!!!!

WoW! It's late and i should go to bed....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

All your projects look great. I have been wanting to make the Interweave rug for a while. Yours will be fabulous. I can't wait to see it.

Your one knuck looks nice too. I had issues with my first knuck, but the second one I was a bit wiser with it. I am about to begin my second pair for my best friend. She saw mine and had to have some too. LOL!

Have a great night!

Deneen said...

The fingerless look great and so do the mitered squares (RHSS and all). I can't tell with the ghan yet, but I'm sure you'll post some updates soon.

Obsidian Kitten said...

OMG! your knuck(s) is beauteous! love the yarn, too. gorgeous job!

and as for socks...well, i'm not that brave, yet. like my spinning instructor said, if we were in a hurry, we'd just go buy yarn (or, in this case, socks)

i think they look beautiful! man, have you been knitting up a storm...

Wilma Fingerdu said...

those knucks ROCK...

I started my sock!

I'm knitting on fucking tooth pics *sigh* but they are looking cute.

do you have a messenger? I was lookin gthru your profile and i seen we had quite a few things in common and i wanted to hit you up sometime!

Midnight Purls said...

Those knucks rock! What if anything are you planning on embroidering on them?

The Shetland Triangle is blocking as I type. I wish you could see it all pinned out in all of it's glory... My mom came up to see it and is now camped out on my floor. I think she's going to try to steal it from me. LOL.

Can't wait to see more of your blanket! I've put my log cabin aside for the moment. I've been bitten by the lace bug!

Obsidian Kitten said...

hate me, you will, but i'm tagging you (it's knitted painting's fault, really it is)

go here:
http://obsidiankitten.blogspot.com/2006/07/oh-so-i-was-tagged.html

BEESTLYproducts said...

I don't have a messenger yet... i just became savvy to this whole internet thing like 2 months ago.... i suck! You can add me on myspace tho.

I'm gonna embroider "KnitCore" on my knucks and try to fashion a banner/button for my blog w/ the pics...

tawnyatay said...

Ahh, the eyepatch! I know, it sucked. Not pirate at all.

I <3 the knuck and the blanket and the rug . . . basically all of your projects.

And I *TOTALLY* dig the Shins, so now I'm going to check out Format. Have you heard of the Burn to Shine DVD series? Wilco and the Shins are both featured. They just shot one in Louisville with Liberation Prophecy, who's album will be released on indie Basement Records in August. If you can get your hands on a Liberation Prophecy CD, buy it!!

I'm also going to add you to myspace.