knitxcore.: YaY SocKS!!!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

YaY SocKS!!!

That's right, they're finished! No thanks to Monk! I was paying so much attention to the new episode, i stopped turning my heel and started working straight rows. I had to frog the entire heel flap and re-work it. I have no clue how i picked the stitches back up, but I did :-)



After throwing it, and contemplating why anyone would knit a stupid sock you can just buy for lots cheaper. I calmed down and took it all back. I finished my socks :-)




The stripes aren't even, i know... It was my first time using a striping yarn and i wasn't sure how much i could waste. I'm still really happy with them. I'm even more excited that I can start my KnUcKS! I'm using Rowan Cashsoft DK in Mist. I bought it at my LYS in hopes of making Xmas gloves and i just never did. It's 57% extra fine merino, 33% microfiber, and 10% cashmere. I'm sure it's going to be a dream to knit with. I'm so excited to finally use it :-)

8 comments:

Midnight Purls said...

The socks look awesome! Congrats!

Deneen said...

Nice job. I ask myself the same thing everytime I make a sock-why don't you just buy the damn things-but there is quite a sense of accomplishment making them.

Now, which LYS do you go to cause I didn't know there were any that weren't chains round our parts?

Unknown said...

I LOVE the socks. They are beautiful. And I never match stripes on my socks. The wackier the better, I say. :-)

Jeanne said...

Nice socks!

BEESTLYproducts said...

i should say not-so LYS... it's in Mt. Holly..... We trek down every now and agian... There's a link on my sidebar... Woolbearers :-)

Thanx GuyS!!! I'm so glad to be finished my first pair! I'm planning what i want to make next (sock-wise).

tawnyatay said...

That sock yarn is really great . . . I <3 the color.

Wilma Fingerdu said...

love the socks!

sko_G knits said...

the socks look great!! i love 'em...