knitxcore.: This Is What I do...

Thursday, July 06, 2006

This Is What I do...

with a day off from work!!! It's beautiful out, i live near the beach, I'm sure something needs to be cleaned somewhere in the house... So, i knit a dishcloth!!! It may help with the cleaning part, since i use them for every and anything. But, it didn't help me get to the beach. :-( Me and Dave got beach passes for the O.C. (Ocean City!!!) and i've yet to go. Oh well at least I've got this to dry my tears:

As always your super-fantastic KnitXcorE close-up:

I've yet to cast on my second sock. I'm not as excited about them as i was when i finished the first one. I finally got Mason Dixon Knitting. I want to knit everything in it! We picked colors yesterday for the Moderne Log Cabin throw on Elann.com (I'm using Sonata in shades of brown). I'm REALLY jazzed about it, I've never knit anything bigger than a couple of bad sweaters (that i will not share). The hand towels are amazing, as well. Instead of euroflax I may use AllHemp6, I was looking for an excuse to buy it anyway :-)

Yesterday, I found an amazing podcast! Mosh Knit Is CrAzY amazin'! Quirky and filled with grrrrreat music (Episode 12 featured Fall Out Boy, American Nightmare, Le Tigre, Bright Eyes, et. al.) it is my new favorite podcast. If you like punk or indie music, or just wanna change things up (some of those knitting podcasts can get boring), the is where it's at!!!

Like I said, I'm sure something needs cleaning and the kitties wanna eat:

6 comments:

Midnight Purls said...

Awww it's Adriene and Jewel! They're so cute.

I'm sure no one blames you for spending your day off instead of cleaning. I'd do the same exact thing if I were you! I'll have to check out that podcast.

Speaking of fall out boy, you missed a really cool contemporary dance last night to "Dance Dance" by Fallout Boy by Dmitry and Ashlee last night.

Obsidian Kitten said...

love the washcloth! i think i'm gonna hafta go get that book now.

and kitty pics! give me some kitty pics any day--your furbabies are so adorable!

Unknown said...

I just popped by to say Hi. I also am a member of Knucks KAL and PRKG's. I have to say the picture of your kitties are adorable. I have two cats too. The washcloth looks great. Ok, toodles for now.

tawnyatay said...

Dude . . . cool blog. And love the Vans :)

Michael said...

Everytime I see that washcloth, I have this urge to make it into on of those ooooold school 'Brickels' screenshots. And lets see some sock!

tawnyatay said...

I just noticed that one of your posts is titled "The End Has No End" . . . I <3 the Strokes, and fell in love with their manager a few years ago (he's the guy in The End Has No End Video . . . very sexy, and one of the nicest guys on the planet.) Aww, happy memory time :)