knitxcore.: PMV: The Honey Trees

Monday, May 30, 2011

PMV: The Honey Trees

the honey trees

I'm really terrible at watching movies. It's almost sad, really. Every time someone starts discussing cinema, I look at the floor (or go get a coffee, or count the ceiling tiles, or become really interested in the state of my fingernails). It's not that I dislike movies, there just doesn't ever seem to be enough time to sit around for 2-3 hours.

That being said, I am always "out-of-the-loop" as far as watching movies is concerned. After discussing how I had never seen "Breakfast at Tiffany's", a co-worker loaned me their copy. It took me more than a month to find a pocket of time to sit down and watch it.

AMAZING. I never cried so much while watching a film.

This song rings around in the back of my head at all times now. I keep searching YouTube for covers of "Moon River" and The Honey Trees and Morrissey may share the title for "Most Heart Wrenching Cover of Moon River That I Have Ever Found on Youtube and Listened to Repeatedly". That's not too big for a nice beauty-queen style sash, is it?


5 comments:

Erin Joy said...

Well, if you're only going to see one or two movies in your life, THAT would be the one to see.

Kaitlin said...

I can't lie. This cover of Moon River made me ugly-cry. Wow.

Anonymous said...

oh yes, I have that problem with movies too. Mostly, I have a few favorites that I keep going back to and watching again and again and pick out new details that I've never noticed before.

I've probably seen The Royal Tenenbaums at least ten times, and I only noticed last night that Eli Cash is on the phone with Margot Tenenbaum during the opening narration. I don't know how I missed it all those other times.

LittleCanoe said...

One of the greatest movies ever. I cry so hard every time she's in that alleyway yelling for Cat. This is a gorgeous cover, puts a lump right there in my throat.

knitwick said...

I feel you on the no time for movies thing. Yet, I can sit and watch TV shows for hours on end while doing something else, like knitting. I think that it is an attention issue. I don't want to devote the attention to the movies, as I feel like I shouldn't be doing something else while watching them. Somehow, though, it is fine to do with TV shows... Oh well.

Loved the music video!