We have a ton of reed diffusers all over the house. Every time Pier 1 marks them down we leave with BAGS full. It's not that I don't like them, I do. Really. They smell nice, and they aren't as scary as those plug-in apparatuses.
This specific one have been sitting in the bathroom looking modern and sleek for far too long, so at 11:30 last night I decided to glue some crap to it. You can do the same thing, by following my shoddy directions.
Things You'll Need:
-A boring Reed Diffuser
-Sun-Faded Vintage Rick-Rack
-Weird Paper Mushrooms (also from the clearance rack at Pier 1)
1. Cut the fabric and rick-rack. Do it hastily. Don't measure anything. You're better than that, right?
2. Glue the rick-rack to the fabric in a haphazard manner. Make sure to get glue-y spiderwebs all over your project. DO NOT PULL THEM OFF. They are rilly decorative!
3. Hot glue the edge of the fabric and smoosh it on the glass. Pull it off. Repeat. Eventually it will look acceptable. You'll probably burn your fingers.
4. Pull the fabric taught around the vessel. MORE HOT GLUE. MORE SMOOSHING. It doesn't matter what the back looks like, does it?
5. Glue some rick-rack to the bottle neck to make it look more "fancy".
6. Jam the paper mushrooms in the top and go show your significant other. Ask them if the like it. Regardless of the actual answer, pout and question their "support" of your hobbies.
7. Take pictures and post them on the internet. Wait for compliments.
You're finished. Have a
bottle glass of wine and go to bed.
-The Never-Ending Braided Rug.
-Acrylic Stash-busting + Vintage Craft: God's Eye
...and much more